The following questions are based on the short biography of Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of the United States. You can download the Mp3 file by clicking this link: Abraham Lincoln
1. When was Abraham Lincoln born?
2. Which of the followings best describes the family he came from?
3. What was Abraham Lincoln before he became president?
A. medical student
C. law professor
4. At what age was he elected president?
5. What was the greatest thing that happened during Lincoln’s presidency?
A. he helped end slavery
B. he gave a great speech
C. he helped the union split apart
D. he defeated Confederates armies
E. he believed in democracy
6. Where did Lincoln give his famous speech?
7. Lincoln’s famous speech was about … .
A. American founding fathers
B. his determination to end slavery
C. American historian
D. freedom and equality
E. celebrating the end of war
8. The speech was delivered to … .
A. end the Civil War
B. express his opinion on slavery
C. honor the soldiers who died
D. help the nation build democracy
E. unite American people
9. How long was Abraham Lincoln in office?
A. 1 year
B. 2 years
C. 3 years
D. 4 years
E. 5 years
10. How did he die?
A. he died of severe illness
B. he was murdered
C. he was killed in a battle
D. he died in peace
E. he became too weak