The following questions are based on a story called the Legend of Sleepy Hollow written by Washington Irving. The Voice of America is the original source of the story. You can download the Mp3 file or listen online by clicking this link Legend of Sleepy Hollow Part 3.
Listen to the story carefully, and then decide whether the following statements are True (T) or False (F).
- One of the stories told at the party is about a farmer who was looking for the headless horseman. T/F
- One of the stories told at the party tells that the headless horseman stopped at the end of the valey. T/F
- Ichabod’s mind was filled with questions about Katrina’s true feelings for him after he said goodbye to her. T/F
- Katrina decided to end her relationship with Ichabod because she fell in love with Brom. T/F
- Ichabod felt scared when he rode his horse past a tree where a man had been killed. T/F
- Ichabod saw something big in the wood and at first he had no idea what it was. T/F
- Ichabod was so excited to find that it was the headless horseman on his horse. T/F
- When Ichabod asked, the thing did not answer. T/F