The following questions are based on a story called the Legend of the Sleepy Hollow written by Washington Irving. The Voice of America is the original source of the story. You can download the Mp3 file or listen online by clicking this link Legend of Sleepy Hollow Part 2.
Listen to the story carefully, and then decide whether the statements below are True (T) or False (F).
- Ichabod had a rival, a young man who also fell in love with Katrina. T/F
- It seemed that Ichabod’s rival was way more attractive than him. T/F
- Ichabod felt he wouldn’t be able to defeat his rival so he gave up. T/F
- Ichabod’s rival was a young man who was very good at horse riding. T/F
- Ichabod and his rival came from different villages near Sleepy Hollow. T/F
- Brom stopped visiting Katrina at her house because he thought Ichabod had won her heart. T/F
- One day, both Ichabod and Brom were invited to party hosted by Katrina’s family. T/F
- Brom was so happy that he finally could dance with Katrina. T/F
- Ichabod looked at them dancing with a jealous heart. T/F
- It was at the party that the story of a headless horseman was told. T/F