The following questions are based on a story called the Legend of Sleepy Hollow written by Washington Irving. The Voice of America is the original source of the story. You can download the Mp3 file or listen online by clicking this link Legend of Sleepy Hollow Part 1.
Listen to the stroy carefully, and then decide whether the following statements are True (T) or False (F).
- Sleepy Hollow is the name of a village. T/F
- According to the storyteller, the story of a horseman who was looking for his lost head is only one of many stories about Sleepy Hollow. T/F
- Ichabod lived in a village not far from Sleepy Hollow. T/F
- Ichabod was a teacher who made extra money by teaching dance at Sunday school. T/F
- According to the storyteller, Ichabod was so good-looking. T/F
- Ichabod decided to make extra money because as a teacher he didn’t make enough money. T/F
- Ichabod fell in love with one of his students named Katrina. T/F
- Katrina came from a rich Dutch family. T/F
- Ichabod also owned his own farm with apple trees and wheat growing in it. T/F
- According to the storyteller, Katrina finally became Ichabod’s wife. T/F