You will hear a conversation that takes place in an office. In this conversation, you will hear Anna using different expressions to make suggestions. You may listen online or download the Mp3 file by clicking Making Suggestions 2. Listen carefully, and then answer the questions below.
1. What is the topic of the conversation?
A. Job interview for fresh graduates
B. New applicants’s confusion
C. Losing a powerpoint presentaion
D. Making good and suggestions
E. A USB stick mixed with tea
2. Why does Denis come into the room?
A. to report she’s lost the powerpoint presentation
B. to help the boss select new employees
C. to say hello to a new secretary
D. to ask the boss to help her with the presentation
E. to check if the boss is doing okay
3. Denis saved the presentation slides in … .
A. a USB stick
B. a laptop
C. a CD
D. an email
E. a glass of tea
4. Denis … a job interview that took place in the office.
A. came to
E. broke down
5. Anna is … .
A. an administrative staff
B. a job applicant
C. an executive secretary
D. an uninvited guest.
E. a female staff
6. Which Anna’s suggestion is considered silly by Denis?
A. She suggests finding it in her emails
B. She suggests searching the computer
C. She suggests asking her coleagues
D. She suggests looking in her recycle bin
E. She suggests looking through her rubbish bin
7. Where would they most probably find the powerpoint presentation?
A. in the boss’ inbox
B. in her recycle bin
C. in her computer
D. in her rubbish bin
E. in her laptop
8. The boss thinks that all the suggestions Anna is offering … .
A. make Denis angry
B. solve the problem
C. make sense
D. are all right
E. are better than Denis’
9. Where do they finally find the USB stick?
A. under the books
B. in the office
C. on her office desk
D. in a biscuit plate
E. in a glass of tea
10. The powerpoint presentation is something they … .
A. want to make
B. urgently need
C. will sell online
D. will proof-read
E. don’t understand