You will hear a conversation that takes place in a marketing office of a company. In this conversation they make suggestions to each other at the table. You can listen online or download the Mp3 file by clicking Making Suggestions 1. Listen very carefully, and then answer the questions below:
1. What is the topic of the conversation?
A. Promoting a new product to the UK and the US
B. Choosing a spokesperson for a new product
C. Selecting the best athlete to speak for a product
D. Choosing target market and target customers
E. Focusing on making suggestions
2. Which of the following expressions is not used for making suggestions in the conversation?
A. Perhaps we should + verb
B. How about + Verb (-ing)
C. Shall we + verb
D. We could + verb
E. One possibility would be
3. Who is most probably chairing the meeting?
4. Why does Miguel think that using a famous overweight CEO will not work? Because … .
A. being overweight is not something that customers want.
B. it is not easy to find an overweight celebrity CEO.
C. Americans and Britons prefer to be fit, not fat
D. an overweight celebrity fits to be a spokesperson
E. a celebrity CEO will attract new customers
5. We may infer that the company uses … very often.
A. a celebrity
B. a famous CEO
C. a sports star
D. a popular model
E. a football player
6. We know that in the end every one agrees to use … .
A. a football player
B. an executive
C. a famous golfer
D. an American
E. a pop star
7. Why does Charles suggest hiring American footbal players?
A. overweight but fast
B. agile but heavy
C. agile and strong
D. heavy and strong
E. overweight and heavy
8. Why is using a golfer the best choice?
A. It fits the target markets
B. It kills two birds
C. Americans like golf
D. Britons like golf
E. Golf is prestigous