The following questions are based on the story of Yellowstone provided by Voice of America. You can download the Mp3 file by clicking this link: Yellowstone National Park
1. Yellowstone is not like any other place on earth. The speaker calls Yellowstone a(n) … place.
2. What makes Yellowstone different from any other place?
A. It is the largest National Park.
B. It is the hottest place on earth.
C. It is built on a sleeping volcano.
D. It has a huge lake inside it.
E. It is the most beautiful place on earth.
3. What do experts implicitly say about the ancient volcano?
A. There is no chance it could erupt
B. There is a little chance it could erupt
C. It is the most dangerous volcano
D. It is very likely that it will erupt
E. There won’t be any volcanic activity
4. All these things show that there is volcanic activity in Yellowstone, except … .
A. hot water that shoot out of the ground
B. lakes with hot water in them
C. boiling hot mud
D. rocks that were once liquid
E. earthquake that often hits this place
5. How large is the lake containing hot liquid rock under the ground?
A. six kilometers wide
B. sixty six kilometers wide
C. sixty five kilometers wide
D. fifty six kilometers wide
E. sixty kilometers wide