Instruction: Complete each of the following sentences with the correct form of the verb in the brackets. Use the present perfect tense.
Example: I (know) … Jim for a long time.
I have known Jim for a long time.
- She (live) … in that hotel since last month.
- I (see) … this film before. I don’t want to see it again.
- The family do not live here anymore. They (move) … to another town.
- A report states that the weather (become) … worse recently.
- Budi: Where is the letter?
Pardi: I (post) … it.
- Ana is crying so loudly because she (just, cut) … herself with a knife.
- My sister (work) … for the firm since she left school.
- The city park is very beautiful. My boyfriend and I (visit) … ths place twice.
Instruction: Answer the following questions as the example given. Use since or for.
Example: Can you drive a car? (three years)
Yes, but I have not driven any cars for three years.
- Can you paint a house? (I got married)
- Can you make shoes? (I got a new job)
- Can you fly a plane? (fifteen years)
- Can you type? (ten years)
- Can you repair a radio? (I broke my arms)
- Can you swim? (I broke my legs)
- Can you speak English? (I moved to this country)
- Can you play the piano? (I broke my middle finger)
- Can you play tennis? (five years)
- Can you sing? (I got an accident)